Soundest New Campaign Editor was presented back in November 2016 in its Beta version and now the final version is ready and already available within our new and modern templates: London, Atlanta, and New York. Begining March 9th, 2017 it is also available for our Ecommerce emails. This means the old editor is counting its final days and from May 3rd, 2017, it will be disconnected and unsupported.
This also means that you might either have two editors at the moment or only one. This depends on your signup date on Soundest:
- if you signed up after March 8th, 2017, you will have the New Campaign Editor only. No additional action is required for you.
- if you signed up before March 9th, 2017, you will have two Campaign Editors available for you. Migration to the New Campaign Editor is required.
Switching to the New Campaign Editor for Campaigns
Switching to the New Campaign Editor is recommended, as this new editor offers a lot more flexibility, is easier to use and has much more design possibilities. Plus, it allows you to edit your images right on the editor itself.
If you currently have two editors available (signed up before March 9th, 2017), you will notice that older templates are no longer present on the second step of new campaign (on the "Standard templates" tab). They are not completely gone, just moved to a new tab called "Old templates".
From now on "Standard templates" tab will only contain new templates (London, Atlanta, New York, and other ones that will be introduced in the future).
Switching to the New Campaign Editor for Campaigns means:
- selecting either of new templates available on "Standard templates" tab on the second step of campaign setup;
- you will be able to copy and send your old campaigns with the Old Campaign Editor until 3rd of May, 2017;
- you can use both of them simultaneously for now (until 3rd of May, 2017);
- changing the template from the Old Campaign Editor to the New Campaign Editor will not save and move your content (this is only available for Ecommerce).
Switching to the New Campaign Editor for Campaigns will not remove the Old Editor for Ecommerce on your account. You will still be able to use it there until the 3rd of May, 2017 unless you decide to switch manually.
Switching to the New Campaign Editor for Ecommerce
When you land on the Ecommerce tab and you see this message, please click on SWITCH TO NEW EDITOR. You will then get the informative modal message with the following information:
- All your Ecommerce emails will be paused until you manually re-enable them.
- All your Ecommerce emails will be switched to London template. You will be able to change that to other new templates as well.
- Your content will remain intact.
- Your design will be reset and you will need to create a new one in this case. However, once you have a theme ready, you will be able to reuse it for all your Ecommerce emails.
Once you click on the red button to enable the New Editor, if you have any Ecommerce email enabled, all of them will be paused so you could set everything up. You will be able to manually re-enable them once you feel most appropriate.
To learn more about switching to the New Campaign editor for Ecommerce, please check our step by step guide.
Switching to the New Campaign Editor for Ecommerce will not remove the Old Editor for Campaigns. You will still be able to use it there until the 3rd of May, 2017.
What will happen once the Old Campaign Editor is turned off on May 3rd, 2017?
If you continue using the Old Campaign Editor for both Campaigns and Ecommerce features, here is what will happen on May 4th, 2017:
- Campaign Boosters will still go out correctly (if campaign was sent with an old one, Booster will go out with the old one as well)
- Copying of a campaign, that is set up with the Old Campaign Editor will not be available. Only the New Editor will be available for all new campaigns.
- Ecommerce emails, that are set up with the Old Campaign Editor will go out as usual, but no editing will be allowed. If you try to edit them, switching to the New Campaign Editor will be mandatory.
We try to make this switch process as simple as possible, so in case you have any questions or doubts, please contact our support team.