This feature enables all users to send an order confirmation email after the customer purchases any product from the online store. It is a great way to immediately communicate order details and add some additional information about upcoming sales or other special offers.
Order Confirmation workflow is available for users who have integrations through Shopify, Bigcommerce, Tictail or our latest custom API. You can enable Order Confirmation on your Soundest account under the Ecommerce tab.
To make sure your customers are not overwhelmed with emails, we suggest disabling or replacing any order confirmation emails outside Soundest.
How does Order Confirmation work
Attention! This workflow does not replace or deactivate Shopify's order confirmation emails. As they cannot be turned off, we strongly suggest replacing the content of those emails. All Shopify store owners are provided with a wizard to make this change quick and easy. To learn more, head to your Soundest account and click on information icon while editing Order Confirmation workflow (on the left side).
Order Confirmation email is based on an order trigger. Once there is an order, your store pushes all the needed data to your Soundest account and this way triggers the enabled workflow. For Shopify and Tictail stores, the order status has to be "paid". When the status of the order changes to "paid", the confirmation email is triggered and sent based on the timing set. For Bigcommerce stores, the order's status can be one of the following:
- "Partially Shipped",
- "Awaiting Pickup",
- "Awaiting Shipment",
- "Awaiting Fulfillment"
If you are using our latest API for your store integration, the status we act upon depends on your integration setup.
Set up process
To start setting Order Confirmation workflow up, go to Ecommerce > Order Confirmation. The setup process is simple and contains four major parts:
- End of workflow
The trigger for the workflow is something that needs to happen for the workflow to begin. In this case it is an order place on the store. This trigger is preset and cannot be changed.
Delay means how much time should pass from the moment a workflow is triggered (in this case - an order is placed). To edit the delay, click the pencil icon in the delay box. The default is set to send immediately, but it can be changed to minutes, hours, weeks or even months (up to 12 months).
Once you set the time of delay you prefer, there are two choices you can make with the customers that are currently in the workflow (have already triggered it, but yet to receive the email):
- Discontinue the current sequences under the old rules. This means that no more emails will be sent based on the old rules. All customers that were in the workflow with the old delay rule, will be dropped and will not receive any further emails.
- Complete the current sequences according to the old rules. This means that the workflow will finish sending emails to all customers based on the old rules and will send according to new ones as well. This way no customers will miss any emails.
We suggest choosing the completion of sequences based on the old rules.
This step allows you to choose and edit the email, that is sent to your customer. You can choose from either of free templates and use one of either design themes for it or create a completely new one. To edit the subject line, sender's name, and sender's email address click Show more > Change info.
To edit the content of Order Confirmation email, simply click on the pencil icon in the Email box.
To make sure your customers get all the relevant details about the purchase, this email contains new content blocks (each can be used once per email):
- Order - contains all relevant information about the order: order number, date, product list along with images, applied discounts, price after discount, product ID, product variant, vendor weight, quantity, subtotal price, total discount, shipping price, and tax.
- Order note - contains a note, that is left next to an order by store owner or the customer. If no notes are added, this block is not displayed.
- Billing and shipping - contains addresses for billing and shipping, payment method, and shipping method.
- Order status button - contains a link to the information about the order on your store. The link is added automatically and is custom for each order.
Your email does not have to contain all of this information at once, so feel free to click on the element you want to edit and deselect the information that should not be automatically imported and sent to the customer after an order. Just like all other content blocks, these four support full styling and can adapt to your design themes made in advance.
4. End of workflow
The workflow is considered ended for a particular customer, once that customer goes through all the process: triggers the workflow, waits for a set amount of time for an email, and receives it. A total number of such events can be seen at the bottom of the End of workflow box or at the top row of Order Confirmation setup page.
Like all other Ecommerce workflows, Order Conﬁrmation reports are available under the Reports tab. They contain the standard list of reports: number of subscribers sent, open rate, click rate, sales generated, and removed. Month by month view is available as well along with Activity feed with detailed information.
Difference from Order Follow-up Email
Order Confirmation might sound similar to Order Follow-up email. However, there a couple of distinct differences between these features:
- Order Confirmation contains all the relevant details about an order. Order Follow-up does not contain any pre-filled information about the order and is usually used to collect feedback or try to sell more.
- Order Confirmation is sent immediately after the purchase, although that can be changed to your preference. Order Follow-up is sent a week after the purchase as a default, although that can be altered as well.
Note: if you edited your Order Follow-up email before 28th of September, 2017, you might notice that the default delay is set to "Immediately". You can change that in the settings of this workflow. All new users now have Order Follow-up default delay set to 7 days after the order.
If you need any additional assistance, you can always contact our Support team who is always ready to help.